A tradition of providing effective and healthy you.
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is a 5000 year old system of healthcare that focuses on the causative factors of a condition. Practitioners adopt a holistic approach to investigate aspects of a person’s diet, lifestyle and emotions in order to diagnose and treat an underlying problem.
At our Triumph Institute Medical Centre we combine a wide range of therapeutic methods including acupuncture, massage, moxibustion and cupping. We can also prescribe traditional herbal medicine tailored to your condition or health goals. Each herb is safe, 100% natural, chemically free and when used in conjunction with other therapeutic methods can play a significant role in helping a person to heal ‘naturally’.
How TCM works
Heavily influenced by the body’s natural source of energy known as ‘qi’ traditional Chinese medicine stimulates the body to produce its own natural pain killers, anti-inflammatories and anti-stress hormones.
Acupuncture is used to stimulate areas of the body known as meridians or channels. These channels are linked to certain areas of the body and along each channel are a number of points. When agitated they work in harmony to restore the body back to its healthy state. Fine sterile needles are gently inserted into specific points along the meridians in order to clear the channel of any blockages. As a result normal energy flow is resumed.
The Triumph Institute also use a number of other techniques such as cupping. This uses a combination of pyrex glass bowls and heat which create suction. The method is said to mobilise the flow of blood and positive energy around the body. Moxibustion is another technique which involves the burning of a dried plant or herb close to the surface of the skin. The intention is to warm and initiate the flow of qi through the body in order to dispel certain pathogenic influences. These are all common practices in traditional Chinese medicine and as such have been used successfully in this way for thousands of years.
Utilising TCM the Triumph Institute can help with a wide variety of ailments and conditions including:
- Skin problems including dermatitis, acne, eczema, psoriasis, wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, pronounced scars
- Digestive issues including constipation, IBS, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, bloating and heartburn
- Cardiovascular issues including low and high blood pressure
- Eye problems including blurred vision, conjunctivitis, red, sore or itchy eyes and jaundice
- ENT issues including sinusitis, allergies, sore throats, nose bleeds, mouth ulcers and ear ache
- Gynaecological problems including heavy, irregular and/or painful periods, menopausal syndrome, fertility issues and any abnormal bleeding or discharge.
- Neurological pain including sciatica, trigeminal neuralgia, Bells Palsy and hemiplegia
- Musculoskeletal problems including sports injuries, frozen shoulder, rheumatoid arthritis, tennis elbow and cramps.
At the Triumph Institute all our practitioners are highly skilled so if you want to experience alternative Chinese medicine at its best, then contact us.
The Triumph Institute is proud to be a member of the following associations:
Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved.
126 Bankstown City Plaza
NSW 2200 Australia
Phone: 02 9793 1929