8 QUESTIONS ABOUT SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
- What is Shockwave Therapy?
SWT is the application of acoustic waves carrying high energy to painful spots and soft tissues that are affected by repetitive, acute, sub-chronic and chronic conditions.
- How does it work? What’s the effect?
A pressure wave is produced via a projectile by using accelerated compressed air generated by a ballistic pressure compressor in the unit. This pressure wave is then launched almost like a sling shot through the applicator probe and into the client’s body.
The science of the therapy will provide 3 major medical effects:
- Pain Relief
- Acceleration of Healing
- Improves & Restores Mobility
- What are the benefits of SWT?
- Your body does not have to burdened by medications – especially pain meds
- Can prevent surgical intervention
- Faster recovery times for athletes
- Reduction of employee/worker absenteeism
- Trigger point release
- Backed by research yielding positive results
- Common conditions treated (relating to Podiatry)
- Heel pain
- Hamstring pain
- Knee pain
- Thigh muscle tightness and pain
- Lower back pain
- Achilles pain (Achillodynia/Achilliobursitis)
- Pain in groin area
- Shin splints
- Painful muscular trigger points
- What are the possible side-effects?
- Swelling in the area
- Numbness and prickliness in treated area
- Haematoma – bruising
- Can cause fluctuated heart activity
- When can’t SWT be used?
- Blood disorders
- Blood thinning medications
- Growing cartilage in children
- Inapplicable to head, spinal cord, face, vital organs
- Does it really work?
Since the year 2012, SWT has been backed as being safe, effective, time saving, non-invasive treatment, well-tolerated, lacking side-effects and potentially decrease health care costs by well-known medical and health journals such as the International Journal of the Care of the Injured1, Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology2, MedPulse – International Medical Journal3 and Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association4
The Daily Mail Australia wrote an article about SWT and the effectiveness to heal heel pain
- What is Grant’s treatment process?
My specialty is musculoskeletal conditions with particular focus on physical posture and muscle. Put simply, a muscle is very similar to an elastic band that can be stretched, be flexible and with strength. That’s how I approach any muscle condition with 3 primary goals for muscle tension and pain:
- Improve flexibility
- Reduce tension
- Strengthen weak muscles
I provide SWT and muscle therapy in clinic but I also provide house calls and corporate workplace visits where I will bring my Podiatry service to you onsite
Bookings can be made online or via contacting the clinic on 97931929.
Move smarter not harder!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]