In today’s society, with everything from the stresses and responsibilities of our lives to the rapidly developing conveniences of fast food, we often are choosing the unhealthy food options to fuel our hunger. Sometimes with our busy lives, we can also skip meals to be able to save time and finish the tasks at hand instead. Not eating regularly or the right types of food can impact your health greatly. Have you realised that an unhealthy digestive system can be the cause of many other health issues?
How an unhealthy digestive system can affect you:
- You find that your appetite has changed and making poor food choices.
- You are not going to the bathroom regularly so you experience constipation, diarrhoea, loose
- ools or an unsatisfied feeling after you empty your bowels.
- You have stomach aches, pains and cramps constantly.
- You feel bloated all the time and you may be passing gas more often than usual.
- You are not sleeping properly and your energy levels are low.
- You find yourself becoming moody, stressed and easily frustrated.
- You find that you crave sweet foods or salty foods a lot.
- You may be suffering from heartburn or acid reflux.
You can see that poor eating habits results in an unhealthy digestive system and leads to many issues.
Time to get help.
SO HOW CAN TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE HELP YOU?
It all starts with the consultation. Your digestive issues are caused by the disharmony and imbalances within the body and you’ll be asked questions in relation to your health in order to identify which of your internal systems have affected you most. Through the questions, connections can be made to make the correct diagnosis so that the most suitable treatment protocol can be developed. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient system which includes a range of treatments such as Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. Together, they can help make a positive change to your health and restore balance in your body. You can expect with regular treatments, that your symptoms will improve, you will sleep better and have more energy and as you start to feel better, you will make better food choices for your body.
If you don’t look after your health today, you will not have your health tomorrow.
Amy Duong, Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a 5000 year old system of healthcare that focuses on the causative factors of a condition. Practitioners adopt a holistic approach to investigate aspects of a person’s diet, lifestyle and emotions in order to diagnose and treat an underlying problem.