At some point in our lives, we have experienced the discomfort of a headache and it can sometimes linger on for a period of time. The severity of a headache can be unpredictable and in severe cases the headache could worsen and become a migraine. These types of pain causes a major disruption to your normal life, often preventing you from completing your daily activities. There are many types of pain associated with headaches and migraines and they can often take a toll on your general health.
- The types of pain and symptoms associated with headaches and migraines
- Dull or throbbing aching sensation that can be localised or moving.
- Numbing sensation found in one spot or many.
- Pain that can often felt behind the eyes.
- Pain that can start in the head and refer down the shoulder and arms.
- Sharp and shooting pain that may be fixed, localised or moving.
- Severe pain that causes you to become sensitive to light and wanting to be in a dark room.
- Pain that causes you to become very tired and needing to be bedridden for days.
- You may have very tight and tense muscles in your neck and shoulder region.
If any of the above apply to you then it’s time to get help.
SO HOW CAN TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE HELP YOU?
It all starts with the consultation. The constant headaches or migraines you are suffering from are caused by the disharmony and imbalances within the body and you’ll be asked questions in relation to your health in order to identify which of your internal systems have affected you most. Through the questions, connections can be made to make the correct diagnosis so that the most suitable treatment protocol can be developed. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient system which includes a range of treatments such as Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. It may be necessary that the treatment will begin with releasing the tight muscles of your shoulders as they may be contributing to your constant headaches and this is done so using suction cups. You can expect with regular treatments, that your symptoms will improve, the frequencies of the headaches will reduce and you will be able to manage the pain more effectively.
Don’t let the pain take over and prevent you from doing things you need to do!
Amy Duong, Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a 5000 year old system of healthcare that focuses on the causative factors of a condition. Practitioners adopt a holistic approach to investigate aspects of a person’s diet, lifestyle and emotions in order to diagnose and treat an underlying problem.